Thought it might be a good idea to post an early morning blog as we are not sure when we will have good reception next. We have left Eden at 5:30am logging on with Marine Rescue Eden for our Bass Strait voyage. The wind is currently S at about 0 knots (well maybe 1 or 2 knots, not kidding)
Marine rescue Eden have been a pleasure to deal with. They are very relaxed and very helpful and have advised us that they will be passing our details onto ‘Tas Maritime Radio’. Which by the way has a new repeater at Flinder Island so we will be able to radio Tas Maritime directly when we reach Babel Island.
Our goal is to get to Babel island by 6pm tomorrow night, which will be February 2nd. If the weather is great and we are managing to get enough sleep and are happy with how things are going we may decide not to stop at Babel and go directly onto Wineglass Bay. That is a 56 hour trip for us so we will play it by ear.
Hey, this morning we have seen dolphin and a seal feeding! Totally cool.
We have just past Green Cape Lighthouse, this is the drop off point of NSW where the ‘Sydney to Hobart’ race yachts head South. We will hug the east coast of Aus a little longer until we get near Gabo Island.
Okay, talk to you later on the Tasmanian side of the planet
Kelly and Evan